Services in Schools
Speaking of Learning... offers the following services, delivered in schools:
- Consultation with Special Ed and teaching staff regarding any students of concern.
- Assessment for funding applications.
- Direct intervention – one-to-one and withdrawal.
- Group intervention – oral language development; literate language development; social skills.
- Team teaching – assisting and/or running literacy groups.
We also have workshops and seminars for teachers on the following:
- Language development and its consequences on academic performance.
- Phonological processing and its role in learning to read and write.
- Language in the secondary setting.
- Promoting oral language in the classroom.
- Social skills development.
- Language of maths.
- Other specific topics by negotiation, eg learning vocabulary in Science.