About 9% of the Australian population has a moderate to severe language disorder.
This means they struggle to learn their first language.
Issues may present as:
- Beginning to talk at a later than average age
- Slow development of grammar skills
- Difficulty following instructions
- Difficulty learning vocabulary
- Difficulty in putting thoughts into words
- Poor performance at school
The earlier these issues are found and addressed, the better the outcome for the individual. Our Speech Pathologists will assess the client’s skills and abilities, make recommendations and provide them with the appropriate therapy.